Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thit Heo Kho Tau







Or Vietnamese Braised Pork Belly. This is one of my dad's favorite things to eat and the last time I went home he sighed and told me my mom is too tired to cook these kinds of meals anymore. He went on to say that one day he boiled 6 eggs in hopes of her coming home from work and seeing the eggs would think "Oh I can make this dish that Daddy loves!" But no,foiled, he told me he looked in the fridge and the eggs were gone. My little brother made tons of egg salad instead.

Our good friend Oanh made this one rainy day and I had forgotten how much I missed it. So using her super simple recipe, I decided to make it during the snow storm. The best part was the next day, we toasted up some french bread and made vietnamese sandwiches with them, YUM!

For an awesome version of this recipe see Tia Nguyen's foodblog.

2 comments:

Becky said...

WHY IS YOUR DAD SO CUTE

hawk krall said...

Chau did you use the Coco Rico??