Sunday, June 10, 2007

la meuniere











Earlier this spring I was in france for the first time and had some of the best meals of my life.
Walking into La Meuniere (lyon, france) and seeing a 5 foot tall little old frenchman with a bushy moustache slicing saucisson (who turned out to be the chef) I knew I was in the right place. We tried everything from cold lentil salad and salad lyonnaise to lamb's brains, skate wing with capers, steak frites. All while slugging down bottles of cote d' rhone in an incredibly unpretentious setting more like a corner dive bar than a french restaurant in America.
Even more mind blowing was Lyon's outdoor market, everything from truffles to mountains of fresh produce and sausage, wheels of goat cheese sold by the actual goat farmers that made them, and everything was cheap.
See more photos on my flickr page





1 comment:

Becky said...

MMMMMM....i LOVE anything that involves truffles or truffle oil. the best thing I ever had with truffle in it was a lobster risotto. I would go to this yuppy place all alone, right around the corner from where I lived in NYC one summer just to eat it. Well worth the oggling middle aged men and the $30 i made that week at my internship