Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Dinner


I really can't believe I haven't posted my Mom's cooking on here yet.. but I happened to have my camera on Easter to capture this pennsylvania-dutch style feast. She learned a lot of classic PA dutch recipes from my Grandmother on my Dad's side.. things like salad with hot bacon dressing and 'bott boi'.



So we have the classic easter Ham that was served with a cream gravy, potato filling - sort of a potato based stuffing made with bread and celery - and pepper cabbage, similar to cole slaw except it has no mayonnaise and less sugar. I think it's made with lots of vinegar and mustard seed.. delicious and simple. Really the only other place to get food like this would be a distant relative's barn somewhere in lancaster county. Awesome.

2 comments:

Kris Chau said...

whoa I love that ham

saya@Tokyo said...

the pictures make me drooool....