Friday, March 21, 2008

Dakar, Senegal

Local beer in Dakar,





THE BEST french fries with anchovy sauce,




and super yummy local fish topped with tangy salsa and a side of seasoned rice.




Most of the restaurants i got to go in Dakar were beautifully decorated with a pile of fruits as such. Not to mention those tall handsome bartenders... So yummy.


AND...
I was so lucky enough to be invited by a local family on a small island called Goree, and the big mama cooked this amazing (gigantic) plate of what's similar to paella. The dish was big enough to feed 8 of us little Japanese people. I think it was the best chicken I had ever had in my life. (I can call these chickens and goats grew in their backyard "truely" organic.)


and Yes, i would go back to Dakar again anytime for that plate of paella.


Please find more pictures of Africa on my blog

1 comment:

Kris Chau said...

That Paella looks like the best thing in the whole world