Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Gilly's in Portsmouth NH






So on the way to Maine to go camping I stumbled into this dining car on a side street in Portsmouth, New Hampshire that claimed to have the state's best hot dogs.

I soon learned that New Englanders are serious about their hot dogs - natural casings, special fluffy white hot dog rolls, gravy fries?? Even the burger - that looked the same as every other slapped on the grill diner burger - tasted incredible.

also they are open LATE until 2:30 AM every night except monday.

Gilly's
175 Fleet Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801 US

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fries and gravy yummm

Kris Chau said...

this is making me so damned hungry.....

Anonymous said...

I love Gilly's, it is a local icon to high schoolers in the Portsmouth area. Though if you ever are passing through and stop there again, I highly recommend the the Chili Cheese Dog.