Monday, May 19, 2008

Tom's Diner







(SIDE NOTE: JUST REALIZED I WAS BEATEN TO THE PUNCH BY A CERTAIN LADY)

Duhdadodaddaa

I love Brooklyn. I really do. The longer I live here, the more I sing its praises. Now, I have one more reason. Tom's Diner. This diner was the basis for the ever popular Suzanne Vega song "Tom's Diner." It is an amazing food destination where good old fashioned diner food is given that added touch.

Who doesn't want chipotle sauce on their table or three types of butter including raison cinnamon, peach walnut, and strawberry? Or how about free coffee, cookies, strawberries and oranges while you wait in line? Free, in NYC?

Yes, its all true and fantastic.

I had the huevos rancheros which was perfect spicy with a homemade salsa and over easy eggs. My partners in brunch had some amazing pancakes made with ricotta and lemon. The overall decor was a mix of homemade signs and really great stained glass. I sat at the best booth as I had Ms. Vega's lyrics right next to me.

If you are ever in Brooklyn, take the Q or 2/3 to 7th Ave and Flatbush. Walk a few blocks to 782 Washington Ave to find Tom's.

No comments: