Sunday, March 7, 2010

San Francisco/ Parkside 1/ Kingdom of Dumpling




My cousin Frank and his lovely girlfriend Jane live in the Parkside neighborhood of San Francisco. Which is a pretty overall a Chinese Neighborhood, which is great for close eating.

Kingdom of Dumpling is a Shanghai style dumpling house 5 minutes from Frank's House. Right off the plane,this place had a line on a pretty Saturday morning. The wait was fast, we were lucky. It's a tiny hole in the wall with sticky tables with the nicest wait staff who really want to feed you after your wait.

The dumplings are all made on site with love and care. We had to get the Xiao Long Bao or the Shanghai soup dumplings. Which are little steamed dumplings filled with soup and pork, which was warming and nice. We also got an order of steamed pork and napa dumplings ( they always come in a dozen for 5 bucks) and of course fresh Chinese Donuts. I kind of wished I got a bowl of sweet soymilk to dip them in or if we were at my parents house a hot cup of Vietnamese coffee. And the guy talked us into the fresh cilantro and bean curd noodle salad, yummy but I wish I got the turnip cake or onion pancakes which looked delicious. I really miss fresh dumplings. But I can eat dumplings forever so it's good this isn't near my house in Philly.



Kingdom of Dumpling
1713 Taraval St
(between 27th Ave & 28th Ave)
San Francisco, CA 94116
(415) 566-6143

No comments: